Used in web site traffic analysis. Represents the percentage of initial visitors to a site who “bounce” away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site.
Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality – a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren’t relevant to your visitors. The more compelling your landing pages, the more visitors will stay on your site and convert. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.
Bounce rate has these attributes:
1) It is really hard to misunderstand. It measures the number of people who landed on your site and refused to give you even one single click!
2) It is available in most web analytics tools, including our own Google Analytics.
3) It is quick and easy to use. Bounce rate will help you understand where and how to make changes on your website in under an hour.
For static web sites, a bounce rate of anything under 40% or so would be concerning. However, with blog or web sites where linking to other web sites is common place, anywhere from 50% to 60% should be considered normal.
Now, how can you lower your bounce rate?
* Make sure your web site is loading as quickly as possible
* Give people internal links that will lead them to other areas of interests
* Provide an easy way to get back to the front page
* Shorten your pages or using excerpts if needed
In a perfect world, you want that number to be as low as possible. The reason for this is that the lower your bounce rate is, the longer people are staying on your web site and not going elsewhere.
- Campaign Feature:
You get to select your targeting audience by keywords, channel of interest, locations, day parting target etc.
Your ad will display to relevant websites that are determined by our contextual advertising system.
You can set a minimum bid price and maximum bid price, and budget for your campaign.
You can set your daily spending limit. You can also schedule a specific time and day period to run your ad.
Prospects are brought to your website to make a purchase or learn more about your product/service.
- YouYield Live Support:
- YouYield Polls: