An Internet service that provides free banner impressions to those
willing to place free banners on their sites. A typical exchange ratio is for every 2 banners one shows for free. They get one of their banners shown for free on some one else’s site. The company running the banner exchange takes the other impression and tries to sell it.
The banner exchange service you use will monitor the number of times visitors “click through” to another member sites. Each time a visitor “clicks through” to another member site, the sponsoring site receives a credit (typically 1/2 credit) toward their own banner appearing on other members sites. The more traffic you generate, the more click throughs to other sites. The more click throughs to other sites, the more credits for your banner ad to appear on other pages. The more times your ad appears on other pages the more click throughs back to your site… you get the idea!
1. The quality of your banner will effect the click through ratio. Experiment with banners until you get ones that generate click through ratio you want. Don’t forget, 35:1 is an exceptionally good ratio.
2. The targeting capability of the link exchange service(s) you belong to will effect the volume AND quality responses you receive.
3. The quality of the member banners that appear on your site will effect their click through ratio and consequently the number of credits you earn for additional exposures. If they do a poor job you lose the benefit of the exchange service!
1. Keep your banner page and links up to date – there is nothing worse than links that go no-where.
2. You need to place a “Banner Exchange” link on your entry page, this not only makes it easy for visitors to find there way back to where they started but is also courteous to the sites that you are exchanging banners with.
3. Keep your email up to date on your web-site so that we genealogists can contact you to let you know we are interested in sharing our banners or update our url or gosh we might actually find a connection and can’t contact you because the email is invalid!!
- Campaign Feature:
You get to select your targeting audience by keywords, channel of interest, locations, day parting target etc.
Your ad will display to relevant websites that are determined by our contextual advertising system.
You can set a minimum bid price and maximum bid price, and budget for your campaign.
You can set your daily spending limit. You can also schedule a specific time and day period to run your ad.
Prospects are brought to your website to make a purchase or learn more about your product/service.
- YouYield Live Support:
- YouYield Polls: