Business to business (B2B) is a business model by which businesses
main customers are other businesses. Common B2B web sites include online marketplaces where companies can buy raw materials, supplies & equipment.
Common trends in B2B advertising:
The first type which appears to be quite common is ‘Formulaic stereotype’, where we just run an ad, get some press coverage, do a mailing exercise and it’s over. The excuse given is what works for B2C should also work for B2B
1. Next type is the ‘Boring matter of fact’ kind which is meant to be boring since we are selling turbines to clients. Lot of literature with heavy text and fine details goes into corporate brochures which prospective consumer will never bother to read
2. The third one is the ‘sameness to everything’ type where the excuse is that we do not have anything unique in our product; we are just cheaper.
3. There are lot of recruitment advertisement happening now with a formula of showing some ever smiling human faces, trying to make a hard point that we are happy, so come and partner with us.
4. The biggest problem with B2B advertising is people fail to recognise the ‘Customer as a human being’. Sales people think that they are speaking to serious people who are making some hard decisions and therefore their language has to be very technical, appealing to the brains and not the heart.
3 places to target people online:
This social media network lets advertisers target by certain parameters and keywords in users’ profiles. Targeting parameters include interests, activities, education, college, major, workplace, and, best of all, specific keywords. For instance, if you want to target “marketing managers” using Facebook ads, you’ll see that there are 18,340 users who are 18 or older living in the United States who have that term somewhere in their profile. Facebook offers the engagement ads on the home page that companies can use for showing video, gifting, inviting users to become fans, and even polling.
This network lets advertisers target by industry (e.g., information services, market research, publishing) or job functions (e.g., accounting, buyer, consultant, legal, sales). You can do boxes, leaderboards, skyscrapers, and text links on LinkedIn.
Similar to specialty sites, blogs can be perfect for niche advertising. Companies can even work with blog ad networks like Federated Media, Blogads, and b5media and choose blogs by categories and audience composition. For instance, if you want to target people working in graphic arts and design, Federated Media has a graphic arts category that features popular graphic design blogs.
8 Effective Headline Types for B2B
1. Direct. Direct headlines make a straightforward statement to readers.
2. Indirect. Indirect headlines are designed to pique the curiosity of readers, providing the payoff in the body copy.
3. News. News headlines can be used when you have news or a special announcement.
4. How to. How to is the workhorse of headlines, promising useful information. When you’re drawing a blank, try a how-to headline.
5. Question. Question headlines are effective when your audience wants to know the answer. Craft a smart question and you’ll have them eating out of your hand.
6. Command. Command headlines tell the audience what to do.
7. Reason why. Reason-why headlines work well when you plan to present copy in a list format. In addition to “reason why,” this headline type can include approaches such as “5 ways,” “5 tips,” and “5 steps.”
8. Testimonial. Testimonial headlines use the words of others to entice readers.
- Campaign Feature:
You get to select your targeting audience by keywords, channel of interest, locations, day parting target etc.
Your ad will display to relevant websites that are determined by our contextual advertising system.
You can set a minimum bid price and maximum bid price, and budget for your campaign.
You can set your daily spending limit. You can also schedule a specific time and day period to run your ad.
Prospects are brought to your website to make a purchase or learn more about your product/service.
- YouYield Live Support:
- YouYield Polls: